The new Alliance War has been released for nearly 3 days. We are very happy to see strong engagement with the feature. As a result, we've received quite a lot of feedback and gathered a great amount of early metrics.
Based off all the information available, we've decided to take this feature to the next level as we truly believe it can be one of the best systems in Wartide. We want it to be more accessible, more balanced, and of course, more rewarding! Typically we don't share our dev plan with players but since we receive so many inquiries this time we've decided to release a preview. We are currently working on these changes and may release a game update with most of them later next week. Please note, things and timing may be subject to change but in that case we will update this article.
- New dynamic rewards based on food spend
- More food spent results in greater rewards (for both sides) – Everyone will be rewarded based on the amount of food and time invested into a war. We’ve observed that when more food is spent, competition tends to be tighter. We want to reward the alliances in these hard-fought wars!
- New War Token
- This token will limit the total number of possible attacks, per Alliance War
- Each player starts every war with a fixed amount of War Tokens. Additional tokens will generate over time but it cannot be purchased or acquired by any other means – everyone has an equal amount
- Different tiers of nodes cost different amount of War Tokens to capture
- Tokens will be refunded for an unsuccessful attack
- New defensive reinforcements mechanic
- Each time a node is captured from the enemy alliance, it will be permanently enhanced with a stackable buff that applies to the current defenders on that node. As the node changes hands, it will become stronger.
- New neutral node protection mechanic
- At the beginning of War, a percentage of neutral nodes will be protected by a shield
- Groups of nodes have different shield durations, affected by the number of active players from both alliances
- This safe guard will help prevent alliances from dominating the board early in the war
- New notifications for node attacks
- Push notifications will be sent when a node you are defending is captured
- New node overview screen to display useful information of all nodes with hot links to each
- New screen notification when an alliance war starts
- Different nodes will cost different amount of food to capture with higher tier being more expensive
- Most food will be refunded for an unsuccessful attack
- When a node is retreated from and then recaptured by an ally, it will not gain a protection shield
- Improved matchmaking to ensure alliances are fighting other alliances with closer strength
- Successful defense now earns a small amount of Victory Points
- War preparation time adjusted to 1 hour
- Longer, more evenly paced War duration
- Wars will be tuned to take place over a longer period, roughly 24 hours so everyone can participate from both alliances
- In combination with all the other changes mentioned above, Wars will be more balanced and less frantic
- Weekly rewards changed to monthly rewards with much higher value
Thanks for reading. We hope you enjoy the upcoming changes. As usual, we will keep improving existing features and because Alliance War is a brand new system we will spend more efforts in making it better. Please expect more updates coming in the future!